1. Our Commitment
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“APPs”) and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This includes suitable measures to protect electronic information and materials stored and generated in hard copy. We are also subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations under other laws that govern our activities.
2. Collection of personal information
2.1 Information we collect from you
We collect personal information form you that is relevant to the marketing of real estate. We will usually collect this information directly from you. However, in some circumstances we may also collect personal information from other sources, for example if another person provides a referral.
2.2 Sensitive information
We do not collect sensitive information such as your race, religion, beliefs or sexual preference except where you have consented or where we are permitted or required by law to do so.
3. What happens if you choose not to provide the information?
You do not have to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide our products and services to you.
4. Use of personal information
We use your personal information:
- to provide products and services to you;
- inform you of products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- to improve the services we provide to you and to inform you about any improvements or changes in services;
- to comply with our legal obligations.
5. Disclosure of personal information
Generally, we will not disclose personal information we collect about you to any third parties without your prior consent. Similarly, we will not sell any information we collect about you.
However, we may disclose personal information about you:
- to service providers who provide services to us, such as estate agents acting for us and providers of sales and support services – we ensure that these parties are obliged to protect your personal information from unauthorised access;
- to third parties where you have given consent to the disclosure;
- to government, law enforcement and regulatory bodies where this is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to parties to whom we sell all or part of our assets or business.
Your personal information is disclosed to our call centre and IT services provider, which maintains facilities in the Philippines. Call centre and IT staff based in the Philippines may access your personal information for the purposes of providing customer service, sales services and technical support.
6. Non-identifying information
We may collect (and provide to third parties) information about the way you browse our website.
This information cannot be used to identify you or any other individual customer or visitor to our website.
The information is used to collect and analyse statistics about browsing behaviour for marketing and development purposes. For example, we may use such information to make improvements to our website. We may also provide such information to third parties, including program partners.
7. You can access and correct information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You can access and correct some of the personal information (such as contact details) that we hold about you by securely logging in to our website.
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, please send an email to our privacy compliance officer (see contact details below) and we will respond to you within 30 days. A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
If you believe there are errors in the personal information we hold about you, you have a right to ask us to correct it..
We take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. If you use the internet to send us information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.
9. Updating our privacy statement
We may revise or update our privacy statement occasionally. We will publish a notice on our website to inform you of any such changes.
10. Complaints and further information
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or would like further information please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer.
11. Contact details for our Privacy Compliance Officer
LK Property Group
10 Queens Rd
Melbourne VIC 3004
If the concerns you have are not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner on 1300 363 992, or visit their website www.privacy.gov.au